The truth about blogging for your company
You’ve probably heard an array of people talking about how your company must have a blog if you want to be taken seriously online. It’s essential for your SEO and it places you as an informative leader in your industry. A blog will also bring in new leads and boost your revenue.
All of this is true. However, this is only true if a blog is executed properly. Here are some of the key elements to remember when deciding whether or not to set up your own company blog.
The quality of the content determines everything
Good quality writing is essential for your blog to be worth anything. Your content needs to draw people in and keep them reading. This is the only way to place your company as a leader in your industry. It is also the only way to bring people back to your website again and again.
If you aren’t a natural writer, there’s no shame in hiring someone to write your blog posts for you. As the business or industry expert, your input will be invaluable to the writer as a source of information and inspiration to keep the blog on topic and relevant to your brand.
Your posts must be original and relevant to your brand
There’s no point in going through the trouble of creating a blog if you don’t have anything original or unique to say. The information you provide doesn’t have to be 100% new and never-before-seen, but it does have to have an original point of view. Try to find a hook or angle that makes your content different to what your competitors are putting out. This could be your personal experience, the education and training your staff have or something related to any accolades you’ve won.
It’s a visual medium – the right images are essential
When people say “content is king”, they aren’t just talking about the words on your blog. The images are just as important. The World Wide Web is a visual medium and the pictures and videos that you choose to go with your words should enhance and expand the message you’re putting across.
There is a wide range of blog post types, from image galleries to articles and even vlogging (video blogging). All of these are important to add into your blog strategy.
You need to have a strategy before you start writing
As with pretty much all things in life, having a plan before you start is a very good idea. With blogging, a strategy will help you decide where to start, what kind of content you should focus on and how many posts you need per month. From here, you can get into the details like topics and how to disseminate posts once published. Many companies opt for a newsletter that they email out to their clients, as well as posting links on social media.
Not every company needs a blog
The simple fact of the matter is that you might not actually need to have a blog. It is a nice tool for improving your SEO and for building your online reputation. However, you have to be prepared to put in the time and effort required to make the blog a success. Additionally, once you start, you need to keep going because it will be more harmful to your reputation to have a blog with no fresh content than to have no blog at all.
If you have the time and know-how (or can hire an expert), then a blog can be a great marketing tool for any company. It’s all in the execution.
Peppermint tea health benefits
Irritable Bowel Syndrome, or IBS, is more common than most people think. The statistics show that in countries like the USA and the UK, as many as 15% of the population suffer from IBS or IBS-related symptoms. The problem with this diagnosis is that the spectrum of symptoms is incredibly broad and the methods of treatment are equally wide and varied. Many sufferers have turned to natural remedies such as a fruit or herbal tea for its health benefits and to get relief from painful symptoms.
One of the top teas recommended by doctors and dietitians is peppermint. For hundreds of years, it has been used to rid people of headaches and sinus issues, as well as reduce menstrual cramps for women. More recently, the benefits of peppermint tea have been explored by modern science. Studies have shown that those who drink it on a regular basis see a marked improvement in their digestive system. It has also been noted how quickly the tea works to relieve acute symptoms in the stomach such as cramps or bloating.
Peppermint – the ideal tea for digestion
Historically, mint leaves have been used to fix a range of digestive ailments. This is due to the fact that they have several effective properties, including:
- Antispasmodic – One of the main ingredients in peppermint is menthol. This is excellent for calming your digestive tract. It also works very quickly to relax your muscles. In acute cases, peppermint oil has even been administered by doctors to IBS patients experiencing severe cramping.
- Analgesic – Peppermint is well known for its pain relieving properties. This means that aside from relaxing the muscles, this tea will actually alleviate cramps and spasms while you’re drinking it.
- High vitamin and mineral content – Each cup that you drink provides you with plenty of potassium, calcium and vitamin B. These all boost your immune system and allow you to fight of illnesses like the common cold more effectively. Additionally, these nutrients are all easier to absorb in liquid form, meaning you can take them in even if your digestive system is struggling.
If you’re looking to enjoy the many peppermint tea health benefits, it’s important to remember that this drink should always be taken in moderation. If you suffer from an over-production of acid in your stomach, it can exacerbate the issue in some instances. However, one cup a day will certainly provide you with positive results, especially if you suffer from digestive problems.
Everything in moderation
All experts agree that while the health benefits of this tea are undeniable, too much of it can be detrimental to a sensitive stomach. If you suffer from an over-production of acid, your intake of peppermint tea should be closely monitored. One cup a day is all anyone needs to relax the abdomen and hopefully find some relief from IBS symptoms.
Keywords: Tea health benefits, tea for digestion, mint leaves
Discover the charm of the Polo Vivo
Billed as the replacement for the much-loved Citi Golf, the Polo Vivo came to South African roads in 2010. It boasted quite the makeover from the previous incarnation of this model, with an eye-catching new grille and front bumper. The restyling of the car has made it more modern and in keeping with current vehicles from Volkswagen.
This Polo hatch combines elegant charm and sophistication with youthful exuberance, making it the whole package in terms of both looks and drivability. Additionally, you’re no longer limited to just the hatchback version with this model. You can also choose between a saloon, coupe and estate variant to find your ideal match.
Explore the specifications of this new Polo
Considered to be at the top of its class, the Vivo is an exciting car to drive. The standard specifications for this enticing vehicle include:
- Strong engines – You can choose between two variants for this model. The 1.4 litre option delivers 55kW at 5 000rpm, while the 1.6 litre gives you a top speed of 187km per hour and 77kW of power. Both of these engines provide you with a pleasingly low fuel consumption, making this car economical and fun to drive.
- Modern conveniences – Right from the entry level variant through to the top-of-the-range option, the Vivo offers you power steering on an adjustable column in both height and reach. Additionally, safety is always front of mind for Volkswagen, meaning you get several airbags situated around the cabin to keep both you and your passengers protected.
- Head-turning appeal – The sleek lines of this little car make it immediately noticeable as a quintessential city vehicle. At the same time, it also looks just right in the suburbs while out on the school run. Additionally, all variants of this model come with colour body bumpers to enhance the overall aesthetics of the Vivo.
Aside from the excellent features that are found on all variants of this car, you can choose from an exciting range of optional extras that add to its reputation. These include 14-inch alloy wheels, a funky roof spoiler and lowered suspension for a sportier feel.
With so much choice available, you’re sure to drive off in the Polo Vivo that matches your wants and needs.
Keywords: Polo Vivo, new Polo, Volkswagen, Polo hatch